Ingram Micro wasted no time following their April 8th announcement of their selection of Parallels Automation for their new, global cloud automation platform. Barely two months later, they have already rolled out three new Ingram Micro-branded and Ingram Micro-hosted solutions and made them available to VARs in the U.S. via the next-generation Ingram Micro Cloud Marketplace.
- Ingram Micro Hosted Exchange - Based on Microsoft Exchange 2013, Ingram Micro Hosted Exchange offers communication and collaboration tools which provide device-agnostic access to email, calendars, contacts and tasks.
- Ingram Micro Virtual Private Servers (VPS) - Powered by industry-leading Parallels container virtualization technology, Ingram Micro VPS offers an Infrastructure-as-a-Service solution that gives customers an online interface to quickly launch and manage their own virtual server-based solutions. There are actually four flavors of VPS being offered:
- Developer VPS which comes with the full LAMP stack pre-installed and configured on the server.
- Business VPS which comes pre-packaged with Parallels Plesk Panel, allowing a business to host its website-based solutions on one server.
- Web Pro VPS which is based on CentOS 6 Linux and allows the web professional to manage their own server-based solutions.
- Custom VPS which can be configured based on whatever the business or application needs and can include a control panel for management.
- Ingram Micro Web Hosting - Managed by Ingram Micro’s wholly-owned subsidiary SoftCom, Ingram Micro Web Hosting provides a complete set of resources and services channel partners to host business websites for their end customers.
Ingram Micro is certainly not new to the cloud, and over the past several years had built up a very extensive marketplace of cloud services. However, what is different now is that Ingram can quickly onboard new solutions and create new service offerings, and their reseller partners are now able to directly order, provision, activate and manage these new cloud solutions themselves because of the capabilities in Parallels Automation.
Additionally, Ingram Micro announced Cisco as the first of many third-party vendors providing services within the new Cloud Marketplace. Parallels expects additional leading vendors and solutions to follow, seeking to increase distribution through Ingram Micro’s reseller channels, creating a virtuous cycle among their resellers and customers whose range of choices will continue to grow, and grow quickly. Parallels is excited to support Ingram Micro’s global rollout and will provide updates as they become available.